Love Unleashed is Loose Id's primary romance line. It encompasses all genres of romance, as well as fantasy, urban fantasy, science fiction, space opera, mystery and suspense with strong romantic elements. It is hot, sexy, and explicit, tapping into readers' fantasies and capitalizing on the chemistry between the characters.
A Love Unleashed story will have a clear romance hook, even if there is a broader external conflict. While we love big stories and epic world-building, it should be clear from a brief synopsis who is going to fall in love with whom, what is going to get in their way, and why it's important they resolve it.
We're especially but not exclusively looking for multicultural/interracial, het, trans, gay, lesbian, menage, BDSM, romantic suspense, urban fantasy. Current themes of interest: second chances, reunions, sexy billionaires, secret romances, cowboys, SEALS and other Alpha males.
But don't let us limit you: find characters you love with a story you have to tell and write with passion. What we really want is to fall in love, and if you haven't, we won't.
- Accepted Genres: Contemporary; Cowboy & Western; Historical; Fantasy; Paranormal, Supernatural & Urban Fantasy; Science Fiction & Space Opera; Mystery & Suspense; Steampunk; Vampires; Shapeshifters; Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer; Menage & Polyamory; BDSM & Fetish; Holidays; Multicultural; Full-figured Heroines.
- Length: 20,000-120,000 words. Flings of 20,000 words or less are by invitation-only, and usually only to authors currently publishing with us.
- Series and Serials: We do accept books in series, but each story must stand alone. Acceptance of a first book in a series does not guarantee acceptance of subsequent books.
- Anthologies and Group Projects: We do consider anthology (multiple author), omnibus (single author multiple stories), partner-written, and themed group projects; however each story will be judged on its own merits. Most of our group projects are initiated by Loose Id. Please see our Open Submission Calls for current anthology and special collection opportunities.
- Previously Published Work: Please see Love Revisited for our polices regarding re-releases.
- Short stories; see above.
- Sex between minors. For New Adult, please see Young Hearts.
- Pedophilia: sex between adults and underage characters. (Pedophilia as prior abuse is okay.)
- Necrophilia: sex with the dead. Undead doesn't count!
- Bestiality: sex with animals. Shifters, aliens and paranormal creatures are fine.
- Scat or golden showers: feces and urine play.
- Snuff: killing as a culmination of sex. Since we're talking romance, this probably goes without saying.
- Rape as titillation: rape calculated to arouse the reader. Secondary characters and villains may, but heroes and heroines should never commit rape within the scope of story. For capture fantasy, sex slavery, dubious consent, forced seduction, please see On the Edge.
- Incest: sex between close blood relations. For twincest (menage that includes twins), pseudocest (steps, wards, fosters), and culturally permitted incest (historical Egyptians), please see On the Edge.
These guidelines are new as of July 2015. Some things that were permitted under the single-line guidelines are not permitted for Love Unleashed, but anything that we've accepted in the past is covered by one of the four lines.
[Back to Top]
[Back to Top]
[Back to Top]
[Back to Submissions Overview]